Who doesn’t like brownies? I love brownies and of course the best buddies of this scrumptious treat is vanilla ice cream. So my husband had his birthday a few weeks back and what a great excuse for me to make a cake from ice cream and brownies.
So the cake turned out fun. I made 20 cm large brownie cakes and in between the cakes I put vanilla ice cream. I also did some brittle using almonds. If you haven’t made brittle yet I really hope you try it out. It is addictive. I then used some chocolate sauce on top.
The brittle is easy to make. This how I made it:
50 g butter
3/4 dl sugar
100g almond chips
2 teaspoons corn starch
2 tablespoons cream
1. Preheat the oven to 200 celsius.
2. Melt the butter in a pot.
3. Once the butter has melted add all the rest of the ingredients.
4. Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet.
5. Bake the mixture in the oven for 10 mintues. Keep an eye on the brittle so it will not burn.
6. Once ready take out of the oven and let it cool.
So the cake was ready but I was missing the candles. No worries. I actually used sparklers!
They did create a magical moment and the kids especially loved it. In the end we were left with extremely full tummies and beautiful (and interesting) tulips that reminded us that spring really is just around the corner.